Chipping Norton First Aid Unit
What injuries are treated by FAU?
Staffed by an emergency care practitioner FAU treats the following types of injuries:
- Simple injuries that cannot be treated with a home first aid kit
- Cleaning and simple stitching of wounds
- Insect bites and stings
- Minor burns and scalds (not involving the face, neck, feet, hands and genital area)
- A foreign body in the eye
- Bumps to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
- Sprains (If the emergency care practitioner thinks that you have broken a bone you will be referred onto a minor injuries unit or an A&E department)
If in doubt as to whether your injury can be treated at the first aid unit please call a member of staff at the unit on 01608 648 233.
Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 5.00pm - 9.00pm.
Weekends and Bank Holidays from 10.00am - 9.00pm.
You do not need to make an appointment, the FAU is a drop-in service.
Download the flyer HERE